One of the biggest problems in the rainy and harsh winter months is that the car does not start when you wake up in the morning and get into the freezing car. Starting a car in cold weather can be very tiring in the morning. So how to start a car in cold weather? What are the reasons for the car not working in cold weather? We have gathered the answers to these questions and other information about starting in cold weather in this article.
The Reasons For The Car Not Working in Cold Weather
Starting a car in cold weather can sometimes be very long and tiring. So what are the reasons for the car not working in cold weather?
- One of the first reasons the car does not start in cold weather is gasoline. Because gasoline cannot evaporate quickly, ignition is not sufficient and the engine runs late.
- Another important detail is the engine oil used. In cold weather, the viscosity of the engine oil decreases and the lubrication of many parts of the car is delayed.
- Another reason why the car does not start in cold weather is the battery. The transmission of the electricity obtained from the battery to the starter motor becomes a little more difficult in cold weather. For this reason, the car does not run quickly and accurately.
How to Start a Car in Cold Weather?
If we summarize what we should do after looking at the reasons for the car not working in cold weather:
- Using winter tires is important for both life safety on the road and better movement of the car on snowy and frozen ground. When winter comes, it is necessary to change tires to winter tires.
- Periodic car maintenance should be done regularly. If the car is maintained annually, the engine life will be longer and will work better.
- Routine maintenance of your car should be done for the winter season. If your car is not maintained, the life of the engine will be shortened.
- Adding antifreeze to the engine cooling water during the winter months also makes the car run easily. With the antifreeze added to the cooling water, you can easily start your car even in very cold weather.
- You should check the battery of the car frequently and make sure that the current level is normal.
- Another detail to make starting the car easier is to keep your gasoline tank full. Thus, you will be better prepared for uncertain road conditions.
- Choose synthetic engine oil for higher performance and longer life.
Click for the cheap prices to rent a car in İstanbul!